Monday, September 5, 2011

And the name of the game is "Keep Waiting"

Well, there have not been many new and exciting updates lately. Basically, being in the "wait and watch" mode is pretty tough on me. I have been so thankful for all of the friends and family who have been supportive and encouraging. In fact, these are the same people who help remind me that I should be making this fun and not seeing it as a burden. After all, if I was really pregnant, I would have to wait 9 months anyway! Even though I have no "due date", I am going to do my best to prepare myself as if we are adopting tomorrow or next year! God is really trying to teach me to trust in His timing! 
Right now we are waiting on DHEC to come and check our well water. This is a LONG waiting list and can be up to a few months. But, until then we are expecting the fire marshall to come out in a week or two and then DSS to come and do their final walk-through. Nothing can be finalized until DHEC gets their show on the road. *Sigh* So, it looks like I am on hold until then.
To help pass the time, I have been attempting to find ways to prepare our child's room in a gender neutral and age neutral way. It is SO tough preparing for a child who could be a new born or a 10 year old! But I know that we won't have much time to decorate or prepare once we get the news (maybe just a week or two)! I have been scouring the internet for ideas and I have found a few good ones! Aside from furniture, here are some of the "themes" I am thinking of that could grow with our child.



Basically, I am sticking with light greens, yellows, and reds. I am pretty positive that I will paint the walls an "off-white" color. The room we are going to use is currently pink... I foresee lots of paint being needed. Furniture will have to come last once we have a more specific age in mind. Night stands and book shelves can be used at all ages, but the bed (of course) is the final piece.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please throw them my way! I might be having a painting party soon :D

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of rooms you found! And the color scheme will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You KNOW I love the Shabby Nest!! I think that color scheme is great and you can mix and match the green yellow and red colors and tones which works out if you are on a budget because you can just buy what's on sale! Also, the shabby look is great because you can mix and match furniture. My next suggestion is a shocker coming from me (lol) but I gotta say it...GARAGE SALES have everything, especially kid stuff, especially in the fall! Let me know if you need a garage sale partner! Love you!

    ReplyDelete