Friday, October 14, 2011

Updates, updates, and more updates!

Well, if it weren't for the peer pressure coming from close friends and family, I would wait a little while longer before I update this, but for the sake of needing prayers, I will submit to their pressure :)

Home Study updates:
Michael and I are almost finished! Thank goodness. We have our fire inspection on Monday, our DHEC inspection in a couple of weeks and then we are done! I cannot tell you how much of a weight off of our shoulders this will be.

Thames child update:
Well, this is where my hesitation comes in. Several weeks ago a good friend of mine (from my women's group at church) told me that she happened to meet a family who was in the process of looking for a home for a baby (to be born in April). Of course there is so much to this and God's timing can never be explained, but I will spare you all of that!
Anyways, after praying about it and talking to each other, Michael and I decided to contact this family. After exchanging emails and meeting, we all decided that this is truly what God has planned for us. We can never really understand the reasoning behind everything, but Michael and I have full confidence that our trust in the Lord has given us the opportunity to be parents to this precious baby. We are incredibly excited about this! However, as our lawyer has suggested, we are maintaining a "realistic optimism". We understand that there are many variables that may change from now until April (including the birth mother's decision). But, again, we are trusting in the plans God has for us.
This family we have met is incredible! They are so kind and though their hearts must be heavy over this situation, they see how excited Michael and I are and that makes them happy as well. I am very fortunate to also be able to go to her doctor's appointments, have copies of the ultrasounds, and even be there when we find out the baby's gender!

With all of this being said, please pray for us and for this family who is offering us such a selfless gift. Please also pray that financial worries and burdens may be lifted. We are planning on doing some fundraisers (including selling cute t-shirts!) to help remove some of the costs of this process.

We are so thankful for all of the support, encouragement, and prayers we have received so far! We love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. I just now read this... a little late. :) I'm so happy for you guys! If you do any fundraisers, let me know all the details and I'll get it out to all the AO alumni.

    ReplyDelete