Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Updates and more!

So I realized today that I have been a bit lax on my once a month posts. I know, I know! I can't even handle one post a month! So, consider February's entry a two-part catch-up.

Part I
A lot has been happening in mine and Michael's lives. I feel that God is really pushing us closer and closer to Him and teaching us what it means to have a humble heart and a full trust in His promises for us. I never really know where I will be one day to the next, but I have full confidence that my husband and my God will be by my side and that makes all the difference.

Part of this reliance comes from the financial worries that I have. We have been doing a t-shirt fundraiser in attempt to cut down some of the tremendous costs coming our way. T-shirts are super cute (by the way) and are only $10 if you are interested! We know that by no means will this completely cover our payments, but this will help :) This entire process has taught me that it is ok to ask for help when you need it, and that God provides some fantastic ways to show that he is in control. My family and my friends have been so incredibly supportive and I cannot thank everyone enough!

My sister, Jill, did an incredible thing for me the other weekend. She threw me a baby shower! For a long time I had really put the idea of ever having a baby shower out of my mind for one reason or another. This shower was everything I could have ever wanted and more. My family and friends showed up in true fashion and we had a really good time! Thanks again to everyone for the love and presents you had stored up for Landon.

Part II
This leads me to the latest miracle! Michael and I were so fortunate to be able to witness Landon's 4-D ultrasound (who knew that they don't do 3-D anymore?!). When I first saw him I was speechless. He is beautiful! I kept finding myself in this moment of pure joy for being able to see him and pure admiration for his birth mom. I kept looking at her during the appointment and thought to myself "Wow! How will I ever be able to show her how grateful I am?!"
Of course, by the time we were in the elevators heading to the parking lot, Michael had to point out the obvious that I was a little teary-eyed the entire time. It especially hit me when I saw Landon's smiling face (yes, he smiled!) and I couldn't help but think that it was because of all the love he felt in the room.


I have always known that our lives are journeys. Where we go, who we meet, what we do, is all up to us (and a little influence by God). There is no doubt in my mind that this is just another chapter in the journey of mine and Michael's life.  Our eyes are focused on our goal and we will not waver in trusting in the path ahead of us. Through all the stress and all the worry. God is good.


"I press on toward the goal to win the prize which God has given me!" --Phillipians 3:14

1 comment: